Here is an inspiring talk by Merlin Mann about being scared shitless.
In my life I have been scared shitless countless times:
- about love.
- about childbirth
- about raising my kids right
- about something happening to my kids
- about not doing enough in this life
- about moving to Paris when I was only 19
- about other people’s opinion
- about presenting my idea to a management committee
- about my parents getting older
- about running out of money
- about all sorts of natural catastrophes happening in this world
- about being a little claustrophobic
- about being the only person left in the Universe (I was 10 I think, and couldn’t even get my brain around the thought, but it was scary!)
- about getting my ideas and projects out there
- about dying in a plane crash
Fear is one of the biggest blocks in creativity. When we are scared we are usually not very motivated or productive. We procrastinate a lot.
The trick is to keep moving, to create anyway, to Just Do It.
So I thought I’d put the question out to you so that you could make me feel a little better 🙂
WHAT ARE (were) YOU SCARED SHITLESS OF?
Do you want to move beyond that fear? Yes? Then send me an email and tell me about your fear.